You search the web for that latest electronic gadget that caught your attention while window shopping the other day – and what pops’ up? Hey! Various images of the device and a video of a few buyers on what their feedback is on the gadget. Surely the possibility of potential sales (that is you buying it) does go up. With so many items on the web and the explosion of media based sites in the last 5 years in, video imaging has become an integral and imperative part of any SEO. Putting focus on delivering quality content for users, companies are now developing their own images and videos for better visibility. Including media into your content creation and distribution techniques does have many advantages, some of which include:
• You gain trust and better weight age from search engines by way of a better and stronger communication for users and improved rankings. They essentially captivate the user and become their one stop resource rather than clicking, surfing etc through information all the time.
• It helps you reduce the “bounce rate” on your website content since users would be more willing to glance through your media highlights. Websites with videos are generally given a higher priority by search engines in overall search results.
• Since videos are inherently interactive in nature and have a longer impact term, they create engagement which makes it easier for users to share, link or bookmark your videos, thus creating new audience in turn.
• Better images and videos while using SEO could also result in possible conversions by way of better organic traffic. Data such as tags, titles and descriptions associated with your video would definitely enhance business for you. Research shows that 85% of consumers would first like to review and compare products by checking images before looking to buy them, and find it much more convenient to go online, check out the latest media and blogs, and get a better idea of pricing etc.
• Incorporating videos into your SEO’s can also help us get back high quality backlinks as well. This in turn could really create a major difference when competing against top tier authority sites.
So, let’s go back to the same question – Does Incorporating videos into SEO really make a difference? With the rapid expanding power of social media and new trends in online business, it is important for all of us to allow our customers/ users to interact with our brand in such a manner that they remember it in their daily lives. What better way to do it than by using graphics such as videos into your SEO strategy? Many dynamic businesses are more often incorporating videos into their presence on the web. This has also emerged as one of the mediums of choice for user engagement extensively by creating brand awareness, increasing visibility and increase page views. This also provides them with business data such as how many people viewed the video, how did they find the video, what are their demographics, what made them interested in the video and made them watch it etc. There is also a more likelihood of users sharing videos more frequently or easily than static text messages. In short, we can safely say that incorporating videos into SEO is definitely a smart way to increase the possibility of people searching for keywords related to your business in today’s’ technological era, whether you are a publisher or an advertiser.