Tired of everyday corporate life? Want to try something more flexible – Go for website monetizing and live life as a webmaster. Today there are thousands of such individuals who use Adsense and many other AD networks and methods like CPM, CPA & CPC Ads, direct selling etc. All such ways to monetize your site are readily available in the market today, Adsense being the most popular of them all. Since 2009 Google started this service of enabling multiple networks to display banner advertisements on websites. Since these ads are less intrusive and are relevant to the subject matter of the websites, Adsense is quite a popular tools used for monetization. So in case you have a small website with no resources to invest in a sales team or a sales program to sell your products, Adsense gives you a reliable option to generate advertising revenue through its targeted advertising system Ad words. Also, you can become a successful webmaster by using a few techniques such as increasing traffic by way of online and other advertising, using encouraging text content for visitors or attracting clickers onto ads placed by using valuable and relevant content. Google Adsense allows you as a publisher to serve automatic rich media content such as images, videos, text to target audiences and site content within their network of content sites. Maintained, sorted and administered from the back end, Google uses web search technology to serve these ads using visitors geographical location, website content, etc., and helps you generate revenue by way of either visitors clicking on them or simply viewing them.
A few other methods by which you could become a monetizing machine could be:
• Cost per click of CPC: You many at times hear of ads which allow you to make small pocket money by clicking on a particular link. This is exactly what CPC networks do. Usually these are text ads which can be published in blocks and each time a visitor clicks on the same, you get paid.
• Another easier way of monetizing your site is using CPM ads instead of CPC wherein you get paid based on the number of page visits your site has. Though much easier and effortless, CPM usually pays very less and is not at all encouraged by a lot of webmasters.
• Better still, go for CPA or click per action ads which are the real fat payers with big wallets. Visitors have to perform some action such a make a purchase, sign up for a service, or download a free trial for you get paid with a heavy commission for this affiliate program. A popular and most common example of this network is eBay. The only thing to keep in mind here is the fact that CPA takes a lot of effort from your side and there is always a risk of non conversion.
• Direct Ad sales is another way of monetizing your site in case you don’t not feel satisfied or confident with using the CPA, CPC or CPM networks. Try and find direct advertisers to sell your ad space and make profits. Sites such as Open ads Ad server and OIO Publisher Ad platforms are examples of such sites where you could try your monetization model.
• In a few cases where you have a popular site and have loyal customers, you could also think of selling your own products and merchandize instead of others. Try selling your goods as a supplementary business first and then try expanding it…who knows it might just work wonders for you!
So as explained above, there are many ways in which you can try your hand at monetizing. What is important to remember is that whether you use one, all or some of the above stated methods, the trick is to use them in a smart, sharp and relevant manner so as to create opportunities and not risk for one self while trying to monetize your site using Adsense or any other ad network.